Monday, March 14, 2011

Good news and more good news today.  I was there when one of the doctors came in and he was really happy with how my dad is doing.  His n...something levels are up to 200 hundred today and he is feeling really good.  All his other levels are continuing to rise as well.  He was looking quite spry while I was there and is eating better than he has in months.  They are still trying to figure out what is going on with his arm, so he is having x-rays and MRIs and what not.  However, although they aren’t sure what they problem is, they finally found a medication that actually works against the pain, so it hasn’t been bugging him as badly.  It’s some type of patch thing that dispenses the meds.  I asked if it was kind of like a birth control patch.  He didn’t appreciate the comparison.  His hair is still on its way out the door (or onto the floor, as the case may be), but he’s still got quite a bit.  He and the doctor were talking about how sometimes it grows back different.  I’m keeping my fingers crossed that it comes in bright red and curly.  Best news of all – the doctor said that if everything continues as it has been going then my dad will get to come home by the end of the week.  That is stupendously wonderful news.      

4 comments:

  1. Yea! So good to hear our prayers are with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vote for bright red and curly hair also. I think dad could really rock that look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad things are going so well with your dad. And btw you are a such a good writer: witty and dry which is just what i love...you should start your own blog, for real.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your writing as well. I would follow your blog :) So glad to hear your dad is doing well and may be able to come home! Praying for him and your family.

    ReplyDelete