Here’s a conundrum for you: how does a man who is spending 90% of his time lying in bed manage to pull a hamstring? Answer: I have no idea, but manage it he did. Other than that, nothing much is new. He’s still feeling nauseous, but the medication is helping. He has also been getting really bad headaches. So bad they have put him on a caffeine drip as well. A continuous supply of caffeine. Every Jackson’s dream, right? Well, I think in this case he might actually prefer not having a headache. Just a guess. They are not sure exactly what is causing the headaches. They think it might be a reaction to the preservative the enzymes were in – you know, the yam-smelling stuff. He actually went into shock from that when they were doing the transfusion, so this might be another side effect. I would love to say that he’ll just keep getting better, but according to the doctors he’s actually going to be getting worse in the next week or so. So….that pretty much sucks. This update has all been Gloomy McGloomerton. Sorry about that. In keeping with that theme, I will end with sharing a delightful interlude I had with my dad while dropping off his clean laundry yesterday.
Me: Dad, you’re listening to your ipod. I’m glad you finally managed to figure out how to use it.
Dad: Yeah, I had to. Listening to it while I do my mandatory daily walk is the only way I can prevent people from trying to be friendly and talk to me.
That’s my daddy.